Cityview of Demmin from the “Lubinschen Karte”, 1614-1617
Cityview of Demmin from the “Stralsunder Bilderhandschrift” (ca. 1615)
City view of the city and fortress Demmin of Merian, around 1650
Picturesque views of Demmin, c. 1840/1850
Demmin market square, around 1840/1850
Demmin in general view, 1846
Lithograph from 1846, E. Sanne, Stettin
Note: All pictures were provided by David Krüger and are privately owned.
Demmin market square, June/July 1877
Taken by the photographer Friedrich Förster, from a house at the northwest corner of the market.
Note: The pictures were provided by the Garnisonsverein Demmin „9. Ulanen“ e.V. and are owned by the Society.
City view from Demmin as postcard, 04. July 1904
City view from Demmin, 1910
Painted by Alfred Wend, Demmin.
Note: The picture were provided by the Garnisonsverein Demmin „9. Ulanen“ e.V. and are owned by the Society.
Festive decoration of the 50th anniversary of the men’s gymnastics club Demmin, 27 and 28 May 1911
- Photography: Decoration of the Geselliusplatz in front of the car Krüger’schen and barber Leonhard’schen house. At that time, druggist H. Jenss still lived in the house. The decoration was directed by drawing teacher Wend.
- Photography: Street decoration of the East Barracks
- Photography: Decoration in the Bahnhofsstraße
- Photography: Marketplace
City view from Demmin as postcard, 10 November 1911
City view from Demmin as postcard, 20 June 1918
8 City views from Demmin from Otto Ubbelohde, 1919
More information: Otto Ubbelohde (external Link)
1. An der Südmauer
2. Auf dem alten Friedhof
4. Ecke Markt und Menzerstraße
8. Treppe am Südwall
Panoramic view to Demmin from the church tower, around 1936
1. from the church tower to the north, left windmill at the sugar factory
2. from the church tower to the north, allotment garden “Bürgerwiese” (citizen meadow)
3. from the church tower to the north-east with Stadtmühle on Pensiner Weg
4. from the steeple to the east
5. from the church tower to the east, to the left of the gate the gable house Luisenstr. 17
6. from the church steeple to the east, strikingly many half-timbered buildings and strong superstructures
7th southwest corner of the market place
8. southwest corner of the market place
9. from the church tower to the west with town hall, Stadtsparkasse to the right
10. from the church tower to the north-west, right at the edge of the mill ditch
View from the swan pond to the city, 1936
Painted by Karl Rumpel, Demmin.